Remember to frequently check your generator for leaks, corrosion and salt-build up. For new owners, ensure that you have a qualified technician check your generator after 35 hours. See your manual for details.
Here are some key things to be done before winter storage
- Flush cooling systems with fresh water using a hose placed in the strainer allow running time of 5-10 minutes.
- Place hose coming to strainer in a bucket containing biodegradable antifreeze, restart Generator run till mixture coming out exhaust.
- Close thru hull fitting.
- Open capsule leave upper latch between both halves to allow for air circulation.
- Turn battery switch off
Upon re commissioning do the following
- Replace raw water impeller
- Check all hose & clamps
- Open thru hull, turn battery switch on
- Change oil
- Replace fuel filters prime system fuel system, turn on panel unplug wire at oil pressure switch 3-5 minutes until fully bleed
- Reconnect wire at oil pressure switch, start generator run without load 5-10 minutes, apply load & verify no leaks